19.7.10

When the skies turn grey

The sun's light hid beneath the clouds as the skies turned from bright blue to white grey. The air around me felt heavy and my eyes sore from the roughness of the tissues that constantly dried them for me, over the last few nights. Finally, it was time. The last hug was all that was needed, no words, just mixed emotions. Fatigue, sadness and fear crept slowly into my bones and left me cold. We hugged on tightly in a pack, shoulder to shoulder, head to head and arm to arm, taking in every millisecond left with him. At that moment I felt warmth and love and comfort. I couldn't help but think was this the end of it all? The last group gathering we would have? The last time we would huddle up as a tight knitted pack? It was all too short, too fast and ended too quick. I wanted to hold on, but it was too embarrassing and i couldn't delay him any longer. He had to go, so i pushed away and let him go. My heart started to cringed and it really got to me. It hurt... more and more the further away he drove and soon his car disappeared around the corner of what seemed like such a short street.... 
I dropped my head and shut my eyes, wishing it was just a dream...

1 comment:

bennybooboo said...

2 years will fly by okay, don't be sad. Stay strong!

Ps. I Love You & Missing You Heaps!